Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How translate the quotation PDF document

By
Pascal de Clarens
on 8/9/14, 1:17 AM 2,218 views

I use a French version. The quotation page is translated, but when I print the quotation, I get a pdf document where titles are in English...

How can I modify the template?

thanks

herbert6453
On 8/11/14, 4:46 AM

Did you realy set the language of the partner to french?

The language of the odoo website / input mask / form depends on the odoo user language settings.

The language of the pdf reports depends on the recipient language settings.

>modify the template

The kind (rml, webkit, qweb) of the reports depends on your openerp / odoo version.

If use openerp 7 without webkit module, look at <openerp sever path>/openobject-addons/purchase/report/request_quotation.rml  you could change setLang(order.partner_id.lang)  to setLang("fr") with a text editor  >> NOT recommended<<

Franz Palfrader
On 8/24/14, 6:31 AM

You translate all from backend: Settings > Application Terms, Translated Terms.

Work a litte bit with filters...

Under V7 I do see Settings>Translations>Application Terms... but not on V8 and I do not find a dedicated module.

Adret, Pascal de Clarens
on 8/25/14, 1:35 AM

You must activate the "Technical Features" for the Admin user, then logout/login

Franz Palfrader
on 8/25/14, 4:09 AM

hello, Many thanks for your help. I managed to activate Technical Features and I am able to see Application terms. I tried to synchronise... but nothing changed on the generated PDF.

Adret, Pascal de Clarens
on 8/27/14, 3:00 AM

Generated PDF are "generated" ;) Create a new document now after changes.

Franz Palfrader
on 8/27/14, 5:24 AM
Pascal de Clarens
On 8/24/14, 4:16 AM

Thanks for your answer.

I use the latest version (preview 8) 

Everything is in French, but the PDF documents

The quotation screen is in french, with theese labels

Article 

Description 

Quantité 

Taxes 

Prix unitaire 

Sous-total 

Jour conseilJour conseil20,00020.01000,0020000,00

the PDF document

Description, Tax, Quantity, Unit Price...

In addition, the layout of document is very different to French habits, so I would like to change model... How???

Thanks for your help

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/9/14, 1:17 AM
Seen: 2218 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM