Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How translate the quotation PDF document

Pascal de Clarens
on 8/9/14, 1:17 AM 2,135 views

I use a French version. The quotation page is translated, but when I print the quotation, I get a pdf document where titles are in English...

How can I modify the template?

On 8/11/14, 4:46 AM

Did you realy set the language of the partner to french?

The language of the odoo website / input mask / form depends on the odoo user language settings.

The language of the pdf reports depends on the recipient language settings.

>modify the template

The kind (rml, webkit, qweb) of the reports depends on your openerp / odoo version.

If use openerp 7 without webkit module, look at <openerp sever path>/openobject-addons/purchase/report/request_quotation.rml  you could change setLang(order.partner_id.lang)  to setLang("fr") with a text editor  >> NOT recommended<<

Franz Palfrader
On 8/24/14, 6:31 AM

You translate all from backend: Settings > Application Terms, Translated Terms.

Work a litte bit with filters...

Under V7 I do see Settings>Translations>Application Terms... but not on V8 and I do not find a dedicated module.

Adret, Pascal de Clarens
on 8/25/14, 1:35 AM

You must activate the "Technical Features" for the Admin user, then logout/login

Franz Palfrader
on 8/25/14, 4:09 AM

hello, Many thanks for your help. I managed to activate Technical Features and I am able to see Application terms. I tried to synchronise... but nothing changed on the generated PDF.

Adret, Pascal de Clarens
on 8/27/14, 3:00 AM

Generated PDF are "generated" ;) Create a new document now after changes.

Franz Palfrader
on 8/27/14, 5:24 AM
Pascal de Clarens
On 8/24/14, 4:16 AM

Thanks for your answer.

I use the latest version (preview 8) 

Everything is in French, but the PDF documents

The quotation screen is in french, with theese labels

Prix unitaire 

Jour conseilJour conseil20,00020.01000,0020000,00

the PDF document

Description, Tax, Quantity, Unit Price...

In addition, the layout of document is very different to French habits, so I would like to change model... How???

Thanks for your help

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/9/14, 1:17 AM
Seen: 2135 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM