Odoo Help

How to write-off (bug in Dutch add-on?)?

By
ton123
on 2/10/13, 10:01 AM 2,570 views

In some cases the customer pays a littlebit less or more than invoiced. Sometimes it is 0.1 or 0.05 euro. I know there is a function in the financial module for write-off. If I use this function and give the accountnumber for the write-off the write-off doesn't take place. I am working with Dutch scheme. Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Update 11 March '13 based on comment of Mohammed Ali and further testing: In my situation the result was "The Write-Off could be found on the Profit and Loss Report. So far so good. But one problem remained: the write-off amount (In our case 0.01) was still to be found in the Aged Partner Balance report. That's should be zero right?"

First we set the write-off to "Write-off" 498000. At first we have set our internal type to 'regular' and account to expense. A second test we made a new account 498001 with part of the parent account "Other Income and Expenses", same parameters. A thirth test we have set 498001 type to receivable and we set account to 'receivable'.

Additional testing with differences in type and account give the result (or look alikes): "ValidateError Error occurred while validating the field(s) user_type,type: Configuration Error! You can not select an account type with a deferral method different of "Unreconciled" for accounts with internal type "Payable/Receivable"!

write-off account settings

The result of the three tests is the same. Write off account 0.01 but the account payable has still 0.01 open.

Also, I'm really wondering if I should set the 'allow reconciliation' option for this account to active. Could somebody explain to me what this option does?

The result of a search on the account gives: search on involved account

The most common mistake would be: forgot to check the 'Full Reconcile' checkbox. Forgotting this would make the payment balance value still available for payment and the invoice status still 'Open'

This is an example: A customer paid 301 for 301.88 invoice and the 0.88 difference will be written-off, you will need to make sure the following things:

• enter the actual paid amount: 301
  • check 'Full Reconcile' so allocation would become 301.88 (the full amount)
  • select 'Reconcile Payment Balance'
  • select the counterpart account e.g: 'Debt write off', for this example I just use 'Reserve...'

image description

I tested this and works even for difference as small as 0.01

If in some case you forgot to check the Full Reconcile:

• just pay the invoice again with '0' as paid amount.
  • select Full Reconcile in Invoice(s) you want to be written-off
  • Reconcile Payment Balance
  • enter the Counterpart account. This would finish the workflow/invoice state to 'Paid'

Thanks. However I did this with the web client. The result was The Write-Off could be found on the Profit and Loss Report. So far so good. But one problem remained: the write-off amount (In our case 0.01) was still to be found in the Aged Partner Balance report. That's should be zero right?

ton123
on 2/19/13, 9:48 AM

Hi, is this applicable in version 7? I have the same concern., so this may help. :) thanks

jheszica
on 2/24/13, 5:43 AM

@ Mohammad Ali. Based on your comment additionals to the question. @Jhezica Question answers and test based on 6.1

ton123
on 3/11/13, 1:17 PM

Dear Yohanes what is the counterpart account?

Hamza Allouh
on 5/16/13, 1:27 PM

Mohammad Alhashash

--Mohammad Alhashash--
| 5 5 8
Giza, Egypt
--Mohammad Alhashash--

Developer

Mohammad Alhashash
On 2/23/13, 10:06 AM

Is the internal type of the write-off account 'Payable' or 'Receivable'. It should not appear on the partner balance unless it is defined as such.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/10/13, 10:01 AM
Seen: 2570 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM