Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to view taxes from POS sessions?

By
Matthew Fournier
on 1/10/14, 2:48 PM 1,460 views

Where would I go to see the total taxes taken from sales made in a POS session? I can look at the tax on individual orders from the POS, but I would like a total tax taken per session or per time period.

Sylvain LE GAL
On 1/10/14, 3:39 PM

Hi,

If you want to have a global amount of taxes, you can go in pos.order (tree view), filter by session (search view), remove the 80 lines limit by default. After, either you simply select all rows and export in Excel doc, with the column tax & total. (more simple), either you add the tax column in the tree view and you can see the total amount directly.

But if the question is : I need to have the different taxes amount (ex : total VAT 10%, total VAT 20%), it's not possible because the tax details are not stored in pos.order. (only in sale.order). BTW, I think this point is a problem in Point of sale module and generate bugs.

Regards.

There doesn't seem to be a tax column, just a total. I have to click each order individually to get the tax on that order, and it doesn't show up on the fields for exporting.

Matthew Fournier
on 1/10/14, 3:50 PM

As said, you have to add this column (editing the view or developping a custom module). But a more simple solution is to export in Excel document with the columns you want.

Sylvain LE GAL
on 1/10/14, 3:54 PM

Ah, okay, found out where to add it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, as well as telling me about that Excel export, I didn't know about that, and it'll make things so much easier from here on.

For anyone catching this later, add <field name="amount_tax"/> to point_of_sale_view.xml under pos.order to get the column.

Matthew Fournier
on 1/10/14, 4:23 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/10/14, 2:48 PM
Seen: 1460 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM