This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Is there any way to view sent mail / email in a format other than the open chatter?

At the moment it only appears under the 'archive' section of mailboxes, and there doesn't seem to be any way to view more information (such as recipient, CC, BCC) without going to Settings->Technical->Email->Messages. For many employees this view would not be available, meaning there is no way to see details about sent mail.

In the OpenERP 7.0 Release Notes under section 3.1.1 the screenshot shows a 'sent' mailbox. In my install, and in the demo version, no such heading exists.

Discard
Best Answer

We fixed open chatter in v7. Recipients and From are now visible.

More over, there is an Emails menu in Setting which is visible is you activate the technical features.

Discard
Author

I will re-install using the latest code to see how it looks now. The only problem with using the Emails menu in the Settings is that some employees will not have the technical features activated for everyday use so doesn't represent a practical solution.

Author

I have just installed the most recent version of openERP 7.0. On the message stream under 'Inbox' it is still not possible to see who the message was sent to (i.e. if I am the recipient, CC or BCC). So if a message from a customer is sent to a sales employee with the sales manager CC'd in it is not possible for either to tell who the action is for. Is this limitation by design?

Honestly open chatter does not seem to reflect real life cases - what's the point in a system where i will loose overview and gain in complexity - Some basic features like a globall bcc of all outgoing messages to an archive mailbox or an overview of all messages for a res.partner or even better for a comnpany and it's related contacts are basics to really work with such a system in real life!

I have to agree with Michael. After almost having decided to implement OpenERP, I am reconsidering as email is mission critical to our biz. Without being able to send a "normal" email with BCC or even be able track the emails sent outside the erp, it becomes fairly useless for us. This is major, MAJOR drawback to OpenERP.