This question has been flagged
6 Replies

How can I view Customers by State (this field exists), or by County (this field doesn't yet exist)?

Discard
Author

I am using v8.0

Author

Thank you this worked! In Technical User I had to go into User Interface. After that the instructions went exactly as described. Now when I go into Customers I can group by State, or search by State. (In my case, the "States" were new ones I defined--counties in Ireland) Thank you!

Best Answer

Open all customers : Messaging / Organizer / contacts 

At top right, you can group by country 

UPDATE

You can add a new group by in search view with an inherited view !

Settings -> Technical User -> Views -> Create

Name: what you want

View type: search

Object: res.partner

Inherited view: res.partner.select

View inheritance mode: Extension view

Architecture:

<group string="Group By" position="inside">
    <filter string="State" context="{'group_by':'state_id'}"/>
</group>

After, you can click in tree view : first group by country, secondly state, to have a tree

country 1

State 1

Customers...

state 2

Customers...

Country 2

undefined (no state)

Customers...

Let us know if it works for you !

Discard
Best Answer

catherine if you have a field in database for state defenitly you can apply the same code in your view

Discard
Author Best Answer

[I am trying to respond to the initial suggestion below, to explain why it does not work.] When I open the Sales module my only options on the left side are Customers, Leads, Opportunities, Quotations and Sales Orders.

There is a "Messaging" module at the top--but when I click on it, I am not longer in Sales and cannot see any customers. My only options in Messaging are Inbox, Organizer and My Groups.  Under Organizer, there is only Calendar. There is nothing for contacts like you describe.

***I understand that I can group by country. But I want to group by State.***  How can I  create that option?

Discard

Which version are you using ? v7 ? V8 ? V8.Sass-6 ?