This question has been flagged
1 Reply

While preparing the (Belgian) vat declaration in our previous accounting program we could run a series of sanity checks to verify if the declaration would contain any unlikely combinations (like is the amount of VAT declared more than 21% of the base). Those are simple checks that - according to my accountant - the tax office uses as well to quickly scan for anomalies in the vat declarations.

I didn't find such checks in OpenERP. Are they in there and if so, how do I use them ?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Geert,

You can install the module: "VAT Number Validation" from the OpenERP apps. Just go to settings --> installed modules; remove the filter "installed" --> install "VAT Number Validation".

Vervolgens heb je onder de partners bij "Financieel" een veld om het BTW-nummer in te voeren, en te valideren.

Discard
Author

Thanks, but that's not what I meant. I knew about the module the validate VAT numbers. I want to validate the whole periodical declaration before submitting it to the tax office.

Okay, sorry, seems I misunderstood you. However, this seems to be a level beyond me so I'm not the best person to give you advice on this. I hope someone else with some more experience catches on. I'll upvote for visibility.

Author

Thanks anyway for your prompt reply and thanks for upvoting.