This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I tried to move some text of invoice report template by using QWeb Report Designer. I only succeeded in positioning my logo, but not in moving text elements from one location to another, i. e. from left to right side or some lines above/below. Furthermore, I do not have any idea how to insert or modify database fields using the graphical designer. I did not find any documentation or tutorial about this new graphical designer which is not self-explanatory at all and therefore hope sombody can help.

I learnt that there are two ways to edit layouts - either permanently or only for the current print. Where is the difference in the procedure of editing?

Discard

You see, this is where "open source" ends and where "making money" begins...

Best Answer

This may help you. https://github.com/odoo/odoodays-2014/blob/master/v8_reporting_engine/index.rst

Jorg, Thanks for the comment :)

Discard

The whole upper section of this guide is actually a terrible idea to follow. If you'd ever update your module or delete & re-install it all the changes would be gone if they're done through the interface. The way to go is by doing it in the code (the XML files)