This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Since beginning of June 2013 , I cannot connect anymore my OpenOffice Report Designer to my SaaS instance. Can you help me?
Since beginning of June 2013, we are using the protocol XML-RPC Secure to connect the OpenOffice Report Designer to the OpenERP Online instances.
Here are the steps you need to follow to use the new plugin:
- 0a) Don't forget to add a password to your user ( cf question 4900 )
- 0b) Don't forget that this plugin works with OpenOffice and with Libreoffice until V3.6 , but not with Libreoffice V4.0+
- 1) In your instance , go to Settings/Modules/base_report_designer, click on "upgrade"
- 2) In your instance, go to Settings/Configuration Wizards/OpenERP Report Designer Installation/Set as To Do/Launch/Download the file.
- 3) Rename your file by adding ".zip" at the end of the file name
- 4) In OpenOffice, (Tools/Extension manager) disable the existing extension
- 4b) If necessary, delete manually the plugins from the application data (google..)
- 5) Restart OpenOffice
- 6) In OpenOffice, (Tools/Extension manager) Add the new extension file
- 7) Restart Openoffice
- 8) In Openoffice Report Designer/Server parameters ; fill in with the following settings: Server: YOUR_INSTANCE.my.openerp.com Port: 443 Protocol: XML-RPC secure
- 9) Continue with the same steps as before ( type in the name of your instance )
I hope it will help you.
I had the same issue and was attempting to test out any combination of the recommendations above to attempt to solve and finally found one that worked for me.
On SaaS version of Odoo Online (v8); follow the steps above to download the configuration wizard and .zip file locally from your Odoo instance. This was done using the most recent version of OpenOffice 4 - all the advice seemed to point people to different ports or RPC protocols, but using standard RPC and port 80 worked for me using Windows 8 and OpenOffice 4.
- In your instance , go to Settings/Modules/base_report_designer, click on "upgrade"
- In your instance, go to Settings/Configuration Wizards/OpenERP Report Designer Installation/Set as To Do/Launch/Download the file.
- Rename your file by adding ".zip" at the end of the file name
- In OpenOffice, (Tools/Extension manager) disable the existing extension
- If necessary, delete manually the plugins from the application data (google..)
- Restart OpenOffice
- In OpenOffice, (Tools/Extension manager) Add the new extension file
- Restart Openoffice
- In Openoffice Report Designer/Server parameters ; fill in with the following settings: Server: YOUR_INSTANCE.odoo.com Port: 80 Protocol: XML-RPC (I did NOT select 'secure)
- Select Next
- DB name: "your instance name"; username: your profile username, not Odoo OAuth name (in my case: "admin"); Password: your system password
- Click 'Connect' - you should see a message that responds with: "You can start creating your report in the current document; After creating, sending to the server"
Hope this help!
i install Ubuntu 14.04 and install LibraOffice V4 . when i clink on OpenErp Report designer menu . its no working .no error showing also.
kindlly advice me.
not for SaaS but for an installation in a local network you have to use the port of the apache server and NOT any other port like 8069, 8070, 8071 related to RPC, in my case 80 work fine (even from a PC which is not the server), however I do not know what works for SaaS
I followed your instructions, but keep getting wrong username / password if I try to connect with the Report Designer. For 100% sure the username & password are o.k., I use admin / <password> with which I can logon to OpenERP without any problem.
In the default openerp-server.conf is the next line:
specify the TCP port for the XML-RPC Secure protocol
xmlrpcs_port = 8071
Sure the port 443 mentioned in your answer should be used, not 8071?
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!