Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Since beginning of June 2013 , I cannot connect anymore my OpenOffice Report Designer to my SaaS instance. Can you help me?
Since beginning of June 2013, we are using the protocol XML-RPC Secure to connect the OpenOffice Report Designer to the OpenERP Online instances.
Here are the steps you need to follow to use the new plugin:
- 0a) Don't forget to add a password to your user ( cf question 4900 )
- 0b) Don't forget that this plugin works with OpenOffice and with Libreoffice until V3.6 , but not with Libreoffice V4.0+
- 1) In your instance , go to Settings/Modules/base_report_designer, click on "upgrade"
- 2) In your instance, go to Settings/Configuration Wizards/OpenERP Report Designer Installation/Set as To Do/Launch/Download the file.
- 3) Rename your file by adding ".zip" at the end of the file name
- 4) In OpenOffice, (Tools/Extension manager) disable the existing extension
- 4b) If necessary, delete manually the plugins from the application data (google..)
- 5) Restart OpenOffice
- 6) In OpenOffice, (Tools/Extension manager) Add the new extension file
- 7) Restart Openoffice
- 8) In Openoffice Report Designer/Server parameters ; fill in with the following settings: Server: YOUR_INSTANCE.my.openerp.com Port: 443 Protocol: XML-RPC secure
- 9) Continue with the same steps as before ( type in the name of your instance )
I hope it will help you.
I had the same issue and was attempting to test out any combination of the recommendations above to attempt to solve and finally found one that worked for me.
On SaaS version of Odoo Online (v8); follow the steps above to download the configuration wizard and .zip file locally from your Odoo instance. This was done using the most recent version of OpenOffice 4 - all the advice seemed to point people to different ports or RPC protocols, but using standard RPC and port 80 worked for me using Windows 8 and OpenOffice 4.
- In your instance , go to Settings/Modules/base_report_designer, click on "upgrade"
- In your instance, go to Settings/Configuration Wizards/OpenERP Report Designer Installation/Set as To Do/Launch/Download the file.
- Rename your file by adding ".zip" at the end of the file name
- In OpenOffice, (Tools/Extension manager) disable the existing extension
- If necessary, delete manually the plugins from the application data (google..)
- Restart OpenOffice
- In OpenOffice, (Tools/Extension manager) Add the new extension file
- Restart Openoffice
- In Openoffice Report Designer/Server parameters ; fill in with the following settings: Server: YOUR_INSTANCE.odoo.com Port: 80 Protocol: XML-RPC (I did NOT select 'secure)
- Select Next
- DB name: "your instance name"; username: your profile username, not Odoo OAuth name (in my case: "admin"); Password: your system password
- Click 'Connect' - you should see a message that responds with: "You can start creating your report in the current document; After creating, sending to the server"
Hope this help!
I followed your instructions, but keep getting wrong username / password if I try to connect with the Report Designer. For 100% sure the username & password are o.k., I use admin / <password> with which I can logon to OpenERP without any problem.
In the default openerp-server.conf is the next line:
specify the TCP port for the XML-RPC Secure protocol
xmlrpcs_port = 8071
Sure the port 443 mentioned in your answer should be used, not 8071?
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 6/14/13, 11:40 AM|
|Seen: 24781 times|
|Last updated: 12/19/17, 6:02 AM|