Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to use the Gantt chart?

By
A. Person
on 6/20/15, 4:30 PM 865 views

I can't seem to figure out how to use the Gantt chart in the Projects module.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'm on v8.0.

gunnar

--gunnar--
| 6 7 8
Germany
--gunnar--

born

gunnar
On 6/20/15, 7:51 PM

1.) could you add which version you are using?

2.) you can't figure out how to use it because it doesn't work. You will such a thing (an existing feature which doesn't work or doesn't work very well here and then. That seems just to be part of Odoo weirdly.

There is a Community Module called gantt_improvement that adds some enhancements to the gantt view of Project managment. It's not perfect (yet) but certainly is an improvement (as the title says)

I'm on v8.0. I searched my installation for the gantt_improvement module but it doesn't seem to exist there. What is the best way to add it?

A. Person
on 6/22/15, 3:49 AM

@ A.: you have to git clone it from the repository on github (where the link that I have put in my answer points to. Practically that's a git clone --branch 8.0 https://github.com/TeMPO-Consulting/gantt_improvement.git command. If you have not used git before you might need to study how to work with git. Just to jump into it on a production installation might fire back somehow sooner or later. Also please be aware that this is not an OCA Module which would guarantee you a high level of code quality and maintenance level. So you need to decide for yourself whether you trust the authors enough to build that into you production environment.

gunnar
on 6/22/15, 4:12 AM

Any word on Odoo releasing an official improved Gantt?

A. Person
on 6/23/15, 3:00 AM
Juan José Scarafía
On 6/22/15, 9:37 AM

Hi A. Person,

You can use the Gantt view by moving the task dates with the mouse, by clicking at the last part of the task and moving backward or foward to change the dates.

Regards.

Juan José - ADHOC

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/20/15, 4:30 PM
Seen: 865 times
Last updated: 6/22/15, 9:37 AM