This question has been flagged

I want to start Belgian accounting with OpenERP for the first time, and need it to be in Dutch and preferably also in English. I first installed the "Belgium - Accounting" module. This one is only in French so I started looking for a solution.

Found and installed "Belgium - Multilingual Chart of Accounts (en/nl/fr)". Now I got some extra reports that are generated in the language of the user. However, the Chart of Accounts used in OpenERP remains the same, in French and I'm not able to change it.

Then I found it is not possible to replace the Chart of Accounts so I figured I had to do the initial installation with this multilingual one. Took a backup of the database, deleted, and created a new one. Then first installed the "Belgium - Multilingual Chart of Accounts (en/nl/fr)" module, and then selected the respective chart of accounts template (Belgian Chart of Accounts (en/nl/fr)) in the wizard to create the actual chart of accounts.

Now I seem to have a the correct multilingual chart of accounts, however, it does only contain the 'views' and not the actual 'Account's , except for a few basic ones like

140000 Profit carried forward; 400000 Customers; etc

So how is this module intended to be used? or what is the procedure to set up a complete and multilingual chart of accounts?

I also found this: help.openerp.com/question/6157/l10n_be-flemish-translation-of-account-and-tax-templates

Is this related or a competely separate alternative? What is best way to go?

Filip

Discard
Best Answer

install open erp from launch pad ( see question 2562)

then the translation made by gjannssens is visible

Discard