This question has been flagged
1 Reply

One big drawback of the web client related to the GTK client in version 6.1 is the tabs functionality. It is useful if you want to work on different things in parallel.

Currently tabs are not support in the web client. However Fabien mentioned in the Community Mailing list that it should be possible to implement the tabs functionality in a separate web module.

Does anyone know whether such a module already exists?

Update: Of course, also the tabs of the browser can be used. Therefore I update my question:

Would a new web module with tabs functionality be better than using tabs of the web browser?

Would there be any benefits?

Discard

but, you can use chrome, firefox, etc tabs. What is a problem to use for example chrome tabs?

Author

Thank you for your comment. I have update my question.

The only benefits I can think of it that you won't have to double navigate to where you want the additional tab to start from. With browser tabs, everyone starts with the same entry point - what you see after you log in. With web client tabs, you can click ACCCOUNTING and go straight to ACCOUNTING. I've shown browser tabs to everyone who has asked for multiple windows to work on things in parallel and everyone has found it to be acceptable.

Hey Andreas, another comment. I've never used the gtk client, but the tabs in the browser work just fine. And there is no concern with double navigate (which Ray brought up), just right click on any link element you want and choose "open link in new tab" and the new tab gets opened in that context requested without requiring a re-navigate.

Best Answer

Here are 2 options:

Simple web-tabs module

You can install the following module devolopped by ENAPPS.

base module: lp:~h-jaroslav/+junk/web_tabs

However, this one need some fixes. Here is a branch with camptocamp fixes

module with fixes: lp:~camptocamp/+junk/web_tabs

And it isn't supported anymore by ENAPPS as they made a complete fork.

web-client fork

The second option you can try the ENAPPS fork of the web-client:

Enapps OpenERP web-client on github

Download it: github

Discard

is it available for V7?

No it's not. In v7 you have a breadcrumb on top of your form to go back to previous object. Otherwise you can still use the browser tabs.