Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to use product_variant_multi?

By
xiaolong97427
on 3/14/13, 7:27 AM 1,295 views

Hi, I have to handle color and size for product.

Solution1 : Create custom field size and color on my product; I would end up with 4 products. I feel like it's not optimized since a lot of information will be duplicated (Description, supplier, Price, etc...)

Solution2: Install the prodcut_variant_multi. I was thinking the way this module is design, it would create one product (a template that contains all common data) and a variant that contains only color and size. We would set the quantity of the product on the variant. After installing the module, it seems that the product_variant_multi only help to generate products. So finally we end up with a 2x2=4 products and setting the quantity on a product and not the variant.

I am using this module the right way ? I am right stating that the module only serves to generate products and we set quantity on the product ?

Regards, St.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 3/15/13, 10:27 AM

What version are you using? i don't think product_variant_multi has been completely ported to V7 yet.

The behavior your are describing, creating many product iterations, is the intended result.

The purpose of the module is to streamline the creation of many products from a list of variations that a product may have.

You would then need to increase the quantity of products based on what is in your inventory.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/14/13, 7:27 AM
Seen: 1295 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM