Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
- Is there somewhere a description about how it works?
- What are the procedures?
- How to find your way through?
Additional points added later:
- I want to thank you al for your answers.
- Francesco Apruzzese modified my question by adding bazaar to the question. That is ok for me, thank you for this.
- The pitfall is the answers loose focus on organisational aspects and get more focus on technicallities (nothing wrong with that.) I explain hereby some more about my first focus.
My first focus was on launchpad.
- How it works in terms of technicallities is answered, thank you Francesco Apruzzese.
- What are the procedures? This is done and made by the people, the individuals and there management. What to do with posts, are there rules in terms of time to wait for responses, is there some kind of escalation procedures. Prioritizing, etc.
- How to find your way through? It is so big and complicated, I think there are depandancies and relations I don't see. I do not see the big picture.
- How can I find out a problem that I have is a reported bug?
to get openerp via bazaar do the following on a fresh install, assuming a user named openerp owns the files on your server:
sudo apt-get install bzr sudo su - openerp cd /opt/openerp bzr branch lp:openobject-server/7.0 server bzr branch lp:openobject-addons/7.0 addons bzr branch lp:openerp-web/7.0 web
then when you want to get the latest version, you would pull the updates.
cd /opt/openerp/server sudo bzr pull cd ../addons sudo bzr pull cd ../web sudo bzr pull
Then you would have to stop the server, update all the modules for your database using the -u command, press Ctrl+C, then start your server again. This is a redundant operation, but necessary if you are using a script to run openERP
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 4/4/13, 8:34 AM|
|Seen: 4687 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|