Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to use different location for purchasing broken goods?

on 3/12/15, 2:15 AM 528 views

Usually we need to use just default location for our stock. But now we need to take broken products back from our customers.

I need to buy products from our customer and put them to special location. I created new location called RMA, but if i want to transfer confirmed purchase order, i can see there only default destination location.

Idea is:

- Buy broken products from customer and put them to different location to recognise we should not sell them

- Fix them and then fixed transfer to default stock location

- Sell them as normal product

UPDATE: Here i would like to chose different location, but i can't see there any other i add before. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18803212/location.png

UPDATE 2: I think i found it, i will not create new location, but it is better to create new warehouse and during purchase order i can decide where the products will come, right?

On 3/12/15, 4:28 AM

Thanks Baiju, 

I did exactly as you said ( I created new "Internal location") when i am purchasing goods, i cant use it as destination location - see this screenshot: 

So as i said in update 2, i will probably use another warehouse for this and i am currently looking to solve how not to show products there as available to sell. 

which type of location did you selected at time of location creation??

on 4/29/15, 5:10 AM

| 5 4 8
Kochi, India
ODOO technical and functional

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

On 3/12/15, 3:12 AM

Hi Simon,

First of all you have to enable multiple location feature in odoo, for that:-

Settings==>Configuration==>Warehouse==>Location & Warehouse and tick the checkbox for Manage multiple locations and warehouses

Then you can define your own Locations from:-

Warehouse==>Configuration==> Locations and Create new location

Here is help for type of locations:

* Supplier Location: Virtual location representing the source location for products coming from your suppliers
* View: Virtual location used to create a hierarchical structures for your warehouse, aggregating its child locations ; can't     directly contain products
* Internal Location: Physical locations inside your own warehouses,
* Customer Location: Virtual location representing the destination location for products sent to your customers
* Inventory: Virtual location serving as counterpart for inventory operations used to correct stock levels (Physical inventories)
* Procurement: Virtual location serving as temporary counterpart for procurement operations when the source (supplier or production) is not known yet. This location should be empty when the procurement scheduler has finished running.
* Production: Virtual counterpart location for production operations: this location consumes the raw material and produces finished products
* Transit Location: Counterpart location that should be used in inter-companies or inter-warehouses operations

You can select this location for stock moves...

Hope this helps... Let me know if any query

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/12/15, 2:15 AM
Seen: 528 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM