This question has been flagged

Delivery Methods

1. Own 4T truck
  2. Own 7T truck
  3. Rent 10T truck
  4. Courier
  • Each of these can have a 1 week delivery timeframe or a 2 day delivery timeframe option.
  • Each one of these has Normal vs Advanced pricing
  • Each was given Delivery Product: Service, Stockable & BUY method
  • Each has Grid/Destination options, which confuse me…

Delivery Pricelists

I understand these are geographically identifiable locations available to each Delivery Method defined above.

I somehow managed to create 4 GRIDS:

1. Local (Own 4T Carrier) - covering 1 state
  2. Eastern (Own 7T Carrier) - covering 4 states
  3. Western (Own 7T Carrier) - covering 6 states
  4. CentralSouth (Rent 10T Carrier) - covering 8 states
  • Delivery Pricelists are actually named GRID (confusing)

So I ended up creating this, which just seems WRONG:

GridName: Local

GridLineName: State4T (because I didnt know how to name it) - (So whats GRID vs Gridline?)

Carrier: Own4T

Gridline Formula: If wt < 3,000kgs then sales price 1,000

GridName: Western

GridLineName: Atlantic7T (because I didnt know how to name it)

Carrier: Own7T

Gridline Formula: If price <= 50,000 then sales price 5,000

GridName: CentralSouth

GridLineName: None created yet

Carrier: Rent10T

Gridline Formula: None yet because I dont believe I understand this well either.

• I need to understand how to set delivery costs based on distances to cities of delivery.  Ive managed to create states and pretty much each state has an average delivery distance which can be used.  But this also depends on delivery times (if they want it in 2 days its more expensive, if they want it in 1 wk its normal and if they can wait til 2 or 3 weeks its even cheaper)
  • Sometimes if I can consolidate (LCL) shipments to a particular location, if I fill a quota of enough shipments with enough margin, shipping or delivery is cheaper.
  • Finally, depending on the margin, an LCL can justify itself to fill up the quota to send off in 2 days.  Not all FCLs or LCLs are equal though.  Depending on the margin generated by the total orders to be consolidated, 2 day may be justified.

How do I set this up correctly?  How do I consider margin in the delivery decision of LCLs and FCLs?  How do I keep track of quotas of LCLs to a particular destination?

Discard