This question has been flagged
4 Replies

We want to print internal Product Barcodes because we do not need EAN Numbers for our Products. But it's not working when i put it into the Products "Internal Reference" Field. (example code: BX06WO01)

When i enter this number into the Product/"Internal Reference" Field and "Print Product Label" our Barcode Scanner can not read the printed code, generated from Open ERP.

Is it possible to export and scan a code like BX06WO01 or do we have to buy EAN13 Barcodes?

thanks. Michi

Discard
Best Answer

Do you mean you need this printed in a PDF?

You can add a line like:

<barCode code="code128" fontName="Times-Roman" fontSize="50" alignment="CENTER"> [[ o.name or '' ]] </barCode>

. . . in the RML of a Sales Order to print the SO number.

code is one of these:

[ I2of5 | Code128 | Standard93 | Extended93 | Standard39 | Extended39 | MSI | Codabar | Code11 | FIM | POSTNET | USPS_4State ]

Discard

Great tip Ray, but I have small question, is it possible to store barcodes with these incodings (e.g save the barcode '15649' instead of ean13 '5901234123457' in the product form view)? if yes, what should I do?

The EAN13 field has validation, so if you want to store something else you will need another field. If you add your own field (either via the UI or via a module) you can store a numeric value. The example I gave generates a barcode from a series of values like SO002. If you want more help, please ask a new question, rather than expand this one.,

Best Answer

Any barcode other than EAN13 is not currently supported in the official OpenERP v7 Point Of Sale.

The keyboard listener collects 13 digits which is then validated as ean13 by the check digit.

To support other barcode types, you need to modify the barcode capturing methods in addons/point_of_sale/static/src/js/devices.js in the web module.

BTW, you do not need to "buy" EAN13 barcodes to use it. For internal uses, you can use any "Restricted distribution" prefix listed in the EAN13 Prefix List. Just do not use any prefix from (21, 22, 23, 041, 042); these are used by OpenERP POS as described in this answer. For example, you can use codes like 277XXXXXXXXXC where Xs are any digits and C is the calculated check digit.

Discard
Author

thanks, this is helping.

Author

but the question was, how to print the code without EAN13 including a combination of digits and letters.

Now i'm getting somewhere, can you possibly explain how to get my scanner or other devices to connect to proxy and proxy to connect to server. I now know i need a proxy to communicate, but where is it. How do i activate / install / configure it to work between client and server.

Author Best Answer

I tested to scan our code with CODE 128 Instead of EAN13. Code 128 supports also letters and it works well with our hand scanner!

So, is there a way to tell open erp to print CODE 128 from product view, instead EAN13?

thanks

Discard

I thought you were asking about POS barcode support. You do not need any special support to fill a form using any barcode as the scanner just acts as a keyboard. In that sense, Windows Notepad support anybarcode in the world.

If you plan to use the POS, only EAN13 is supported.

Best Answer

There are some code in PY, Javascript in Point of Sale in device.js
We have created a web addon for this feature.

Discard