Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to use "Audit Trail"?

By
Anton
on 3/11/13, 7:29 AM 3,487 views

On OpenERP v6 I was using audit module for control all user activities. How to configure this module in v7?

Should I config each model to audit?

For example I want to see users login activities.

Marc Cassuto

--Marc Cassuto--
| 4 4 8
Montreal, Canada
--Marc Cassuto--

Marc Cassuto
On 8/19/13, 7:37 PM

Hello Anton,

As I had to install this module, I have just discovered your question.

You have to install "Audit Trail" module; then you get 2 menus under reporting : * Audit Rules : where you define your rules (on read, write, delete, create, action or workflow events) => yes you have to define each model you want to audit. * Audit Log : where all the audited events are written.

Note 1 : you have to subscribe (validate) to your rules to make them active

If you want to audit users login activities, you just need to add a rules on res_users and log the write access.

FYI : I opened a bug since I am unable to log my users login, I got an error : https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1214149

Regards, Marc

PS: vote if you find this answer useful.

I need this for a customer who has an OpenERP Enterprise contract. I'm going to report it to the Enterprise team. Thank you for the report, Marc.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 8/19/13, 11:42 PM
Mayur Maheshwari
On 3/16/13, 2:03 PM

Hello Anton,

For understanding the "Audit Trail" process. You can see this link

maheshwarimayur.blogspot.in/2013/02/audit-trail-in-openerp.html

Hope this helps you more :)

Thanks,

Thanks for good example. But, I can't find solution for this question: 'How to see all login/logout activities and how to audit ALL activities?'

Anton
on 3/17/13, 1:33 AM

I confirm the default config of audit trail in 6.1 was more efficient.

iMaugis, Julius
on 3/18/13, 10:13 AM

Hi Mayur, have you implemented "Audit Trail" module for Odoo 8.0?

dirtyHandsPHP
on 1/19/15, 5:48 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/11/13, 7:29 AM
Seen: 3487 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM