This question has been flagged
3 Replies

How can I use AND operator in advanced filters in OpenERP 7? If I want search a date range, I obtain always the OR operator and i can't change it.

Discard

Can you confirm it works for V7, namely for the online version? With my standard online database I cannot obtain any filtered results with numerical values (prices, costs etc); Is ther a (coming) documentation on filters. I have more than 2000 products! it is therefore essential to be able to filter efficiently.

This is the correct way to do it. However the results of filters are not always right.

As far as I can tell, this is currently not functioning! Ack!

edit= False alarm. Apologies. I was searching Public Price and it needed to be Sale Price. Leaving comment for future reference.

Ir works perfectly, but some fields (computed ones) are not searchable.

Best Answer

Applying an OR or an AND operator in your filter is done in 2 different ways:

1. Open the Advanced Search panel, select a criteria, then click on 'Add a condition' to add a second one (do not hit enter or close the filters window), then click on 'Apply'. An OR operator will be applied between those 2 filters.
  2. Open the Advanced Search panel, select a criteria, click on 'Apply'. Open the Advanced Search panel again, select another criteria, click on 'Apply'. An AND operator will be applied between those 2 filters.

In OpenERP 7, the OR operator is part of the same ticker while the AND operator creates 2 separate tickers. The screenshot below shows the difference: the list displays the opportunities that are from the country Canada or China on the one hand, and that have an expected closing date greater than 12/09/2012 on the other hand.

image description

Discard

Fabrice: thanks for your edit.

Is this the only way? What if I want to look for a customer that has two different tags at the same time? It is easy to type the tag and select "search tag for XXXX", but when adding the second one OpenERP uses an "OR". Doing it with advanced search is totally cumbersome...

Thanks but that behavior is weired. Could be much easier if standard search operator was 'and'.

Best Answer

You can do it by write first condition in search and second condition from custom filter in filter menue

not two from one place

Discard
Best Answer

Is there a way to make a second searchbar under the first one that search only for attributs?

Discard