This question has been flagged
2 Replies

sale_layout allows you do add page breaks and subtotals to a sale invoice or sales order.

It is important to note that the sale_layout module has changed completely from OpenERP 6.1 to Odoo 8.0 (It did not officially exist in 7.0).

In 6.1 the visual elements (page breaks, subtotals) would be inserted like a line. To achieve that, sale_order_lines had an additional field layout_type. We used this in combination with Aeroo Reports using a parser that would check the layout_type and inserting the corresponding element into the generated OpenOffice-Document.

However 8.0 changes the architecture: you create a Report Layout Category. You can set a page break or subtotal per Category. Odoo then prints each Category on its own and inserts page breaks if configured to do so.

I am not sure yet how to combine that with Aeroo Reports. I will look into creating a custom parser.py that handles the extraction of the category and its formatting options in pyhton but if someone has a more "canonical" way I would be very interested to hear it.

Discard

@Rolf,
I'm also interested in this. I'll post back here if I figure out how to implement it in an Aeroo report, please post back if you find an answer to this as well.

Best Answer

So far the section for sale layout v8 works for me by refencing the fIeld in <if> function libreoffice. But it repeat the heading for every item instead one common heading. Example:

Instead of

Heading A, item 1,item 2.

Heading B, item 3,item 4.

It becomes, 

Heading A, item 1.

Heading A, item 2.

Heading B, item 3.

Heading B, item 4.

Discard