This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi, I'm using fields_view_get method for overriding a treeview, every thing is fine but when I try to get the active_id to return the value of the current record, it returns False, this is my code :

class res_partner(osv.osv):

_inherit = 'res.partner'

def fields_view_get(self, cr, uid, view_id=None, view_type='tree', context=None, toolbar=False, submenu=False):

if context is None:
        context = {}

res = super(res_partner,self).fields_view_get(cr, uid, view_id=view_id, view_type=view_type, context=context, toolbar=toolbar, submenu=submenu)

partner_obj = self.pool.get('res.partner')
    active_id = context.get('active_id', False)
    partner_name = partner_obj.browse(cr, uid, active_id, context=context).numcte
    partner_icon = partner_name
    print partner_icon  
    print active_id

doc = etree.XML(res['arch'])

if view_type == 'tree':

for node in doc.xpath("//button[@name='icono']"):
               node.set('icon', partner_icon)   

res['arch'] = etree.tostring(doc)
    return res

_columns = {
    'numcte': fields.text('numero cliente'),
}

res_partner()

thanks, for your advice.

Discard
Best Answer

For your specific case you should override "read". 

"fields_view_get" does not have information about the current record, what you could if you want to is pass through context the id, but it's not the best, use "read".

@api.multi

def read(self, fields=None, load='_classic_read'):

Discard
Best Answer

I have the same issue. did you find any solution. I want to set value of current record for each field. thanks to any answer.

Discard
Best Answer

I know that there is no active_id when you are calling a tree, I use that when i select some rows on a tree and then I call a wizard or something there you have active_ids because you selected some rows. If you are calling a tree view, there is no rows selected so there is no active_id present.

Discard