Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to use a budget?

By
Brenda.li
on 4/18/13, 5:18 AM 5,393 views

hi all, anyone can help me to understand better for using a budget? I have already created analytic account under different budgetary position(sale/purchase), give a planned amount there, system automatically provide theoretical amount based on my planned amount, then I created sale and purchase order by running full process(give corresponding analytic account, get paid and pay out). But when i go back to check my budget, nothing update there, still the data of planned amount and automated theoretical amount. My questions are,

1. What is theoretical amount? how i can define it, assume configure a percentage, but how and from where?

2. Is there a way I can get practical amount and relevant percentage on the sheet of budget after I finished the sales/purchase order?

3.If my above work way is not proper, anyone can let me know a good way to manage this kind of budget?

Hope my questions is clear, thank you very much for your help!

Keyur

--Keyur--
| 4 4 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Keyur--

Odoo Expert

Keyur
On 4/18/13, 7:02 AM

That is a good question. You can get overall general idea about budget from over here.Budget module consists theoretical amount and practical amount.Now the meaning og budget is an estimate of income and expenditure for a set period of time.Now I explain with example by openERP point of view. Suppose, you have planned some amount of

1000 expense for 10 days(Start Date:2013-01-01 to End date:2013-01-10)

And assume today's date is 2013-01-06 so starting from 2013-01-01 till today(2013-01-06), the days are 6 so the theoretical amount will be 600(6*1000/10) here 6 is days elapsed till current date,1000 is total budgetary amount and 10 is total budget days. And the practical amount will the actual cost of project during that budget period for example if you make purchase order of 5000.so 5000 amount will be consider as a practical amount.

Thanks Keyur for clear calculation method of theoretical amount, then i think these amounts will moving by date. Do you have any idea how to let practical amount show out because I have already confirmed purchase order and made payment accordingly under good analytic account, but seems system did not integrate it on the field of practical amount. thanks for your help!

Brenda.li
on 4/18/13, 7:33 AM

Yes, these amount are calculated by dates. Make sure analytic account you have taken in budget is same taken in purchase order too. Then practical amount will work. Let me know if more explanation needed.

Keyur
on 4/18/13, 7:58 AM

Thanks Keyur, yes I still have problem to manage it. Firstly I make sure analytic account I have taken in budget is same as purchase order (I even already post bank journal entry). I can at least search it by analytic journal item, but still, budget sheet can not integrate itself. I am worry about the time point in the process is not follow the right way on my side. Could you have a quick look for my done: create analytic account->create budget(make sure budgetary position is purchase) but not confirm it->create purchase order and make payment entirely->go back to budget and confirm. Thanks!!!

Brenda.li
on 4/18/13, 8:40 AM

Hi Brenda, I have checked budget process without confirming it. I have gone through a complete process. Try to complete all process with existing Analytic Account. Maybe the analytic account you created is not matched with essential criteria. And also make sure you confirming purchase order within the date range you specified in budget.

Keyur
on 4/18/13, 9:15 AM

Thanks Keyur, several key points you mentioned I have already done tried(work on existing analytic account/budget/product/partner, make sure duration matching, without confirming) but still failed :( Did you always keep budget's status draft? Or do I need to make more configuration firstly? Thanks!

Brenda.li
on 4/18/13, 9:35 AM

Make Budgetary Position Purchase then it will work.

Keyur
on 4/18/13, 9:51 AM

Had a similar issue. This is what worked for me. Goto Budgetary Positions in Config -> Budgets. Select the "Purchase" Position. Here you have can define the General Accounts that this position is allowed to use. Make sure you define the Supplies Expenses and a few more General Accounts. Now, when you generate an invoice for purchase, ensure that the general account used for the Entry is also allowed in your budgetary position. This should work.

Ankit Somani
on 5/5/13, 11:54 AM

Yes Ankit, I used a test journal from demo data on budgetary Position, that is why it can not work before. But thanks for your comment!

Brenda.li
on 5/6/13, 5:13 AM
Samuel Tadesse
On 11/12/13, 2:49 AM

hi there i'm new for OpenERP. i need to use Budget but don't know how. i tried to read some document but i couldn't get clear idea. please any help would be appreciated very much. good day!

Did you figure this out? I have created 4 budgetary positions (Im not sure if they are structured correctly). But now I dont know if I should Confirm it. I dont know what will happen if I do?

Santiago EV
on 9/8/15, 12:32 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/18/13, 5:18 AM
Seen: 5393 times
Last updated: 8/26/16, 11:27 PM