Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to upgrade openerp 7 database to odoo 8?

By
bhanukiran
on 11/26/15, 8:36 AM 1,080 views

I don't want to use openupgrade because the company charges lots of money for that. Is there any other way of doing this

Huh? Openupgrade is completely free. It is Odoo that charges money.

Yenthe
on 11/26/15, 8:44 AM

Do u know how to use openupgrade to do migration process from 7 to 8?

bhanukiran
on 11/26/15, 9:14 AM

This doc explains it quite good: https://doc.therp.nl/openupgrade/intro.html#migrating-your-database

Yenthe
on 11/26/15, 9:50 AM

But it is not telling me how and where to run that openupgrade source code.So after downloading that code how should i run that

bhanukiran
on 11/26/15, 11:51 PM

Download the code, unzip it, place it somewhere and run the script with the parameter to your db.

Yenthe
on 11/27/15, 5:05 AM

I don't see any .exe file, should i set it up in eclipse and run the main module(openerp-server)

bhanukiran
on 11/27/15, 7:05 AM
Tintu Mon
On 11/27/15, 12:32 AM

Just Export the data from OPENERP7 which you want to use and Import it to ODOO 8.

You have to do it Manually. I hope this is will work fine without any cost. But it take some time.

Hey, I am getting these errors No matching record found for name 'base.main_company' in field 'Company' between rows 2 and 5 No matching record found for name '__export__.res_partner_68' in field 'Partner' between rows 2 and 5 No matching record found for name '__export__.account_invoice_line_5' in field 'Invoice Lines' between rows 2 and 5

bhanukiran
on 11/27/15, 3:53 AM

While this answer will work I have to say this will be an extremely annoying task and it is quite time consuming too.

Yenthe
on 11/27/15, 5:04 AM

@Bhanukiran, Sorry I don't can't able to understand and help you in that. @Yenthe: As, I already told it was time consuming. I suggested this idea because he told another method is Money. So I suggested this idea which is free of cost but time consuming.

Tintu Mon
on 11/27/15, 6:39 AM

@Tintu Mon I am getting error as no matching record found and partner_id can't be null even though I am specifying the customer name

bhanukiran
on 11/27/15, 7:18 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/26/15, 8:36 AM
Seen: 1080 times
Last updated: 11/30/15, 12:32 AM