Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
1) Backup the database BEFORE updating the codebase.
2) Shutdown the server and upgrade the codebase.
3) Start the server and restore the database.
4) Shutdown the server.
5) Start the server manually via
./openerp-server --update=all -d name_of_database --addons-path=/path_to_addons,/path_to_web_addons
6) Watch the console log messages, warnings and errors related to the upgrade process.
7) If all is well, shutdown the server and restart normally.
Ideally, you would do this on a test server - so that when you upgrade your production server you can just backup and restore your upgraded databases from the test server to your production server.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 4/20/13, 3:18 AM|
|Seen: 3024 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|