Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
If I click on Settings to update apps, I get the message: Nice. No updates.
So far I have always uninstall the installed version and install the new version. But I think there is also a way to bypass this procedure, right? So how do I update the nightly version with Win7? Could someone help me because one probably?
Thanks and regards
With the OpenERP 7 All-In-One windows installer, your main options to update are:
- Uninstall the current version and reinstall the latest nightly build (this will include all recent patches as well as translations, etc.)
- Or wait for an update to appear in the list of updates in the Settings menu, then install it (this will only appear when an important patch has been made on one of the modules you've installed, e.g. not for translation changes etc.) This will only work as of March 2013, when the v7 variant of OpenERP Apps becomes fully active.
By the way, on a stable OpenERP version (such as v7), there is no need to update frequently unless a bug that is important for you has just been fixed. As the saying goes: "if it ainât broke, donât fix it".
Now if your goal is to always run the latest version of the sources, you could try to run OpenERP from the source tree directly. That way you can always update with a simple
bzr pull. This is rather technical and meant for developers however, so if you don't know what Bazaar is or how to use the command-line, you should probably stick to the All-In-One installer.
Hi, you can also download openerp sources with bazaar (like this you can update when you want what you want), install python + libraries and add python path in environment variable PATH, install postgresql and create new role, create a windows service to run openerp automatically and configure correctly openerp config file. But update all the time in production is very dangerous ..... Bye
You don't need to uninstall the previous version to update by installing a nightly. The steps for updating by installing a nightly version are (in Win7):
- Download the latest nightly version from the link: nightly.openerp.com/7.0/nightly/exe/
- Go to Control Panel, click on the Administrative Tools icon, double click on Services, find OpenERP Server 7.0 and right click on it and click on the Stop on the pop-up menu and wait a sec for the service to stop.
- Do the same actions to stop the PostgreSQL
- Double click on the downloaded file openerp-allinone-setup-7.0-latest.exe
- Click Next, click I Agree, click Next, click next (do not change anything in these four steps, just click on the buttons)
- Now, Destination Folder Window is opened. Change the Destination folder by clicking on the Browse... button. Find your folder where you installed the preivous version is installed.
- After you selected the current folder it wil be displayed under the Destination Folder like C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenERP 7.0-20130411-160032\OpenERP 7.0-20130420-232354 Notice that there are two folders displayed. The first one C:\Program Files(x86)\OpenERP 7.0-20130411-160032 is the folder where you installed the previous version. Don't mind the folder numbers I wrote here, they are the names of my folders in my computer, your folder numbers should be different than mine.
- Delete the second folder name displayed between * * characters C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenERP 7.0-20130411-160032*OpenERP 7.0-20130420-23*2354 When you deleted it the folder name is like this C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenERP 7.0-20130411-160032\ (note that the numbers should be different than here)
- Now click on the install button and wait for installation completes. When the installation completes do not click on the start the software, instead exit the installion window.
- Now your new version is installed you just need to start the OpenERP Server 7.0 and PostgreSQL services to be started.
- to start the services follow the instructions in the items 2 and 3 and just click on the start button button to start the services.
- Now your new version is ready for your use. You can use this procedure whenever you want, I do it every other day and my software is always updated.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 2/17/13, 11:59 PM|
|Seen: 5528 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|