I have just inserted a new python code file into my custom addons folder, added the classes' name as import to __init__.py, restarted server, updated modules, updated this special custom module, too, but my changes are not applied to the system. Did I forget anything? What?
What I can not understand, is that this code runs perfectly inside my test environment, but after having ported it to productive environment, it is ignored completely. It is exactly the same code...
- First, in __init__.py you should not add the class but the file name. (without .py extension)
- try restarting the server with the option -u your_module_name
- does you new module appear under settings / modules in the client? Otherwise: update module list
- if it doesnt work yet: make sure your addon is in the addons path (you can (among other ways) use something like this --addons-path=<normal_addons>,<your addons folder>)
- still not working? try to add a print line on the top of your new .py file and see if it is printed while starting the server
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 3/19/14, 2:48 PM|
|Seen: 1081 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|