Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I have just inserted a new python code file into my custom addons folder, added the classes' name as import to __init__.py, restarted server, updated modules, updated this special custom module, too, but my changes are not applied to the system. Did I forget anything? What?
What I can not understand, is that this code runs perfectly inside my test environment, but after having ported it to productive environment, it is ignored completely. It is exactly the same code...
- First, in __init__.py you should not add the class but the file name. (without .py extension)
- try restarting the server with the option -u your_module_name
- does you new module appear under settings / modules in the client? Otherwise: update module list
- if it doesnt work yet: make sure your addon is in the addons path (you can (among other ways) use something like this --addons-path=<normal_addons>,<your addons folder>)
- still not working? try to add a print line on the top of your new .py file and see if it is printed while starting the server
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 3/19/14, 2:48 PM|
|Seen: 1423 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|