Odoo Help

How to update a pre defined DATE field value

By
youta
on 2/28/16, 11:26 AM 542 views

Hello,

I'm trying to modify hr.contract model so the '`end_date`' field gets the value of '`effective_date`' which is in another model '`resignation_application`'.

The concept is when an employee fill a resignation application it updates the contract end date.

Here's my code:

class resignation_application(osv.osv):
_name = 'resignation.application'
_columns = {
'employee_id': fields.many2one('hr.employee', "Employee", select=True, invisible=False, readonly=True, states={'draft':[('readonly',False)], 'confirm':[('readonly',False)]}),
'effective_date': fields.date('Effective Date', readonly=True, states={'draft':[('readonly',False)], 'confirm':[('readonly',False)]}, select=True, copy=False),
class hr_contract(osv.osv):
_inherit = 'hr.contract'
_columns = {
'end_date': fields.date('End Date', compute= '_compute_effective_date', store=True),
}
@api.model
def create(self, values):
if 'end_date' in values and not values['end_date']:
del(values['end_date'])
return super(hr_contract, self).create(values)
@api.one
@api.depends('end_date','employee_id')
def _compute_effective_date(self):
recs = self.env['resignation.application'] # retrieve an instance of MODEL
recs = recs.search([('state', '=', 'validate')]) # search returns a recordset
for rec in recs: # iterate over the records
if self.employee_id == rec.employee_id:
self.end_date = rec.effective_date
return recs.write({'end_date': rec.effective_date})

But it didn't return the end date.. I know there's something wrong with my return statement but I don't know how to fix it.. Also I want to add an inverse method to `end_date` field so the hr officer can add an end date to the employee contract. Any help will be appreciated.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/28/16, 11:26 AM
Seen: 542 times
Last updated: 2/28/16, 1:46 PM