This question has been flagged

Hello,

While displaying my aged balance with the OpenERP v7 reports, I noticed that my currency rates were not up to date, so the total due by my customers didn't match the reality. It was due to a wrong currency exchange rate input. And we didn't notice it while validating the invoices.

Now I would like to know if there is a way to recalculate the currency exchange rates and change the journal entries in a kind of automated way (I would like to avoid recalculating the value of around 300 invoices manually).

I thought of cancelling invoices and re adding these but I think it would result in a mess, so I ask here if there is a more elegant solution.

Regards,

Thomas.

Discard

I'd say you can't : it's the whole point of validating an invoice!

One way you can do that is export. If you have already validated your invoice and wish to change the currency, what you can do is export the invoice in question with all the fields then change the currency id to the one you want. Import the edited export file back into the application and the new currency type will be displayed. You might need to trace the invoice to other documents it relates too and do the same but that works for me

Author

@Pierre: I was more hoping of getting a trick to not process every invoices manually. @kaynis: thanks that gave me part of a solution, I exported the file with the original price and currency and with a couple of spreadsheets formulas managed to reduce the list to the elements needed to be corrected, I did the editing manually but it probably made me win a couple of hours.

That would be difficult mate. Glad I could help

Best Answer

I'd say you can't : it's the whole point of validating an invoice!

Discard