--Olivier Dony (odo)--

| 7 6 8
Ramilies, Belgium
--Olivier Dony (odo)--

Olivier Dony (odo)
2/15/13, 6:15 PM

The error you see is:

ValueError: No such external ID currently defined in the system: product.cat1

This means that the product category with that ID (product.cat1, i.e the old Sellable category) is missing, while a module that depends on it is being installed. The server logs should mention the name of the XML file being loaded, right before the error trace. Note that this is strange because this product category does not exist in v7 anymore, so even forcing an update of the product module will not re-create it and fix the issue. Maybe you mixed 7.0 modules with older ones?

In any case you should double-check your module list, apparently another module is being installed while the uninstall of your own module is processed (installing/upgrading/uninstalling a module processes all module management tasks at once).

This error is probably not caused by your module unless it contains more code than what you've shown...

1 Comment
xiaolong97427
2/16/13, 5:06 AM

Great thank you. Looking the log, I found error message concerning product_variant_multi who was "pending uninstall". So I cancel the uninstall of product_variant_multi, try to uninstall again my module and it works. Thanks again.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
0 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now