Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to understand Traceback (most recent call last)?

By
ton123
on 3/7/13, 4:16 PM 12,778 views

Most people who start with OpenERP doesn't make the right set-up of the software. Because of the wrong set-up the systems often reacts with errors and long trace backs.

Those starters are by definition not experienced. So they don't understand what the trace back is trying to tell them.

A lot of more experienced users have also their problems in interpreting the trace backs.

Next step for both categories is to post the trace-backs on the forum with their cry for help. If this happens it pollutes our nice forum.

Is it an idea to make some kind of a guide: "How to read your trace back yourself". If one can read is self one can communicate more effective on this forum. I am not experienced enought to make such a guide. But I hope your answers will be a start.

kalmenchia
On 3/8/13, 2:45 AM

Hi ,

In order for you to understand the trace back , the best way is to learn python programming.

The trace backs are presented to all of us. Most of us are not programmers. And not Python programmers. There must be some smart things to look for which can be done by an intelligent person without programming knowledge. I am not looking for the "best" way but for the intelligent way.

ton123
on 3/11/13, 8:42 AM

ton123

--ton123--
| 5 6 9
Lisse, Netherlands
--ton123--
End-User. Installed 6.1.1 on a DS412+, DS211+ and DS113J Synology NAS. Reference installation on Ubuntu 12.04/Samsung Notebook. 12-03-2013 In production for Suppliers and Customers, adresbook. 7 small companies. Testing accounting, document management, import and export. Too much showstoppers I haven't fixed at this moment. 06-05-2013 little progress. Migration to v7 impossible because of missing Dutch localisation modules. What I see working is nice, so further testing and asking. Start testing products and warehouse. Happy with this forum and the community.
ton123
On 3/11/13, 9:03 AM

We can look at the generic examples in the Python tutorial: http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/errors.html

But I find this to generic.

I give an example of how it is done for an opensource CMS called plone.

http://developer.plone.org/troubleshooting/exceptions.html

In this case they give examples of trace backs and what is the cause. Is this available for OpenERP?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/7/13, 4:16 PM
Seen: 12778 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM