Odoo Help

How to translate the sign in button ?

By
José DESGRIS
on 2/4/15, 6:58 AM 1,622 views

Hello,

I am a French user of Odoo and I understood how the translation works for the website but the sign in button is not translatable.

I can access files on the server. Can anybody tell me how I can translate this button, hardcoding ?

Thanks in advance,

José

Can you elaborate which sign in which button?

Ivan
on 2/4/15, 10:15 AM

Hello, In Odoo v8, the sign in button is accessible through the website to help users access to the ERP. I am willing to translate the "sign in" button which you can't translate like other menu buttons. Best regards, José

José DESGRIS
on 2/5/15, 4:05 AM
José DESGRIS
On 2/6/15, 4:58 AM

Hello,

You are right, the log in button text is in odoo/addons/web/views/webclient_templates.xml.

I was asking the question not to use a find. I used it anyway : a command like :

sudo find /opt/odoo -type f -print0 | xargs -0 grep "Sign in"

gave me the file /addons/website/views/website_templates.xml

Which I edited to translate the sign in button.

In fact, I don't know if the log in button is used for english version or other languages and the sign in button for french version for example.

Anyway, everything's fine, button translated !

Hello again, I have thought about it again, it might be that the file Ivan was talking about is for logging into the system whereas the file I was searching for was for the website.

José DESGRIS
on 2/11/15, 2:26 PM
Ivan
On 2/5/15, 6:00 AM

Sorry, I thought you are referring to a sign. Do you mean the "Log In" button in the login page? If so, you can try to change the text in odoo/addons/web/views/webclient_templates.xml (search for oe_login_button) and change the text there. You can implement this as XML template inheritance.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/4/15, 6:58 AM
Seen: 1622 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM