Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to translate the sign in button ?

By
José DESGRIS
on 2/4/15, 6:58 AM 1,165 views

Hello,

I am a French user of Odoo and I understood how the translation works for the website but the sign in button is not translatable.

I can access files on the server. Can anybody tell me how I can translate this button, hardcoding ?

Thanks in advance,

José

Can you elaborate which sign in which button?

Ivan
on 2/4/15, 10:15 AM

Hello, In Odoo v8, the sign in button is accessible through the website to help users access to the ERP. I am willing to translate the "sign in" button which you can't translate like other menu buttons. Best regards, José

José DESGRIS
on 2/5/15, 4:05 AM
José DESGRIS
On 2/6/15, 4:58 AM

Hello,

You are right, the log in button text is in odoo/addons/web/views/webclient_templates.xml.

I was asking the question not to use a find. I used it anyway : a command like :

sudo find /opt/odoo -type f -print0 | xargs -0 grep "Sign in"

gave me the file /addons/website/views/website_templates.xml

Which I edited to translate the sign in button.

In fact, I don't know if the log in button is used for english version or other languages and the sign in button for french version for example.

Anyway, everything's fine, button translated !

Hello again, I have thought about it again, it might be that the file Ivan was talking about is for logging into the system whereas the file I was searching for was for the website.

José DESGRIS
on 2/11/15, 2:26 PM

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 2/5/15, 6:00 AM

Sorry, I thought you are referring to a sign. Do you mean the "Log In" button in the login page? If so, you can try to change the text in odoo/addons/web/views/webclient_templates.xml (search for oe_login_button) and change the text there. You can implement this as XML template inheritance.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/4/15, 6:58 AM
Seen: 1165 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM