This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi All,

I need help for translate particular field in Odoo v8.

e.g

In HR Employee Form All detail in english but name should come into other language.

Thanks in advance

Harsh Dhaduk

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Yenthe,

I will try to explain what i want.

default odoo language set as English.

I created two employee. 1st Harsh and 2nd is Yenthe both is language is English

In HR Employee i created chinese_name field related to employee name field. if i try to change Yenthe to Other name then auto-translate into chinese language and it'll show chinese translation into chinese_name field.

"Print" drop down menu is there and i select "Employee" ( which is customized report to display employee detail and reprot print in english language).  i want it'll translate into chinese language.

I hope now you understand what i am trying to say :)

Thanks in advance.

Discard

Hmm I'm afraid I can't help you with that.. I'm curious to the solution for this though. As for the printing of the report there are two options. If you set the employee his language on Chinese the PDF will automaticly be printed in Chinese. If you don't do this it will automaticly be in English. You could translate the default English version or make a drropdown with two options to print "Employee (English)" and "Employee (Chinese)". You can read more about how to do that here: http://www.onestep2.at/en/forum/openerp7-multiple-sale-order-invoice-layouts-reports

Author

No problem! If my answer helped you please consider to upvote/accept it then. This will tell others that it is a good answer that they can use and it gives me some karma too. :)

Author

Hi Yenthe, problem solved any text box we can directly copy and past other language and also print in report.

Hi Harsh, what exactly do you mean? Can you give an example please?