This question has been flagged
10 Replies

Of course we can use direct moves from location to anther.

But, suppose we have two different warehouses, A and B.
How to pick products from A to B by means of each warehouse warehouseman? i.e. warehouseman of A issue a delivery order from his warehouse A, then warehouseman of B pick these products and receive them into B?
Any ideas?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Guru,

I got your point what you need exactly.   You want to create pickings as below.

• Warehouse A:  Stock location to Transit location

• Warehouse B : Transit location to Stock location

By using https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/11.0/intercompany_transaction_ept/ app, you can select products which you want to transfer from one warehouse to another warehouse.  Based on source & destination warehouse, system will either create pickings as stated above or create sale order & purchase order (If warehouse belongs to different companies).

Discard
Best Answer

I have done something like this in my project, see if it is use-full to you

Make Two Picking types one is for Intra-WH-OUT and other one is Intra-WH-IN

Intra-WH-OUT - They know the some of the quantity to out from warehouse to warehouse transfer not for delivery.

set source_location(main stock) and destination location(send virtual location )

Intra-WH-IN - They know the some of the quantity is ready to receive from warehouse  not for any received from vendor.

set source_location(receive virtual location ) and destination location(main stock)
and on Intra-WH-OUT creation make chain of stock move to Intra-WH-IN stock move.

This should be in done in your both warehouse if you want Both-Way transfer.

Discard

Would you please share the code? Or email me at abdulhalim.cu10@gmail.com?

Hello Sagar,

possible for you to share the code ?? Please e-mail me at odoo@aktivsoftware.com.

Best Answer

In view of the product you have link Request Procurement.

UPADTE:

or you create Internal transfer (stock move) from location A/Stock to location B/Stock

Discard
Author

Yes Zbik, I have one :) From my point of view, I see that using "Stock Moves" form is a little dangerous. Why? because you can move products from any location to another without the permission (or even letting him know) what was happened in his warehouse. So, I prefer using separate picking operations for each warehouse (by means of each warehouseman). Am I right?

Author

Sorry zbik, Your answer is too short and irrelative!

Best Answer

I got what you want, and I'll try asking the same question in other words.
Suppose I'm one of the warehousemen (e.g for warehouse A), and want to move punch of products from warehouse A to warehouse B, and/or vise versa. And I want to validate the picking in/out my warehouse myself, i.e. the draft move should be in red color and when I validate it turn into normal black color.
On the other hand, the other warehouseman (for warehouse B) wants to do the same, but in his area.

What should we do?
Right?

Discard

answer updated, but @Helal = @Guru... hmmmm, no more answers!

Author

Yes, Helal. Thanks for your declaration.

Author

However, I was better for your reply to a comment.

Author

However, it was better for your reply to a comment.