Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to transfer goods between different warehouses?

By
Guru
on 2/20/15, 6:20 PM 2,736 views

Of course we can use direct moves from location to anther.

But, suppose we have two different warehouses, A and B.
How to pick products from A to B by means of each warehouse warehouseman? i.e. warehouseman of A issue a delivery order from his warehouse A, then warehouseman of B pick these products and receive them into B?
Any ideas?

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 2/21/15, 6:38 AM

In view of the product you have link Request Procurement.

UPADTE:

or you create Internal transfer (stock move) from location A/Stock to location B/Stock

Yes Zbik, I have one :) From my point of view, I see that using "Stock Moves" form is a little dangerous. Why? because you can move products from any location to another without the permission (or even letting him know) what was happened in his warehouse. So, I prefer using separate picking operations for each warehouse (by means of each warehouseman). Am I right?

Guru
on 2/21/15, 4:08 PM

Sorry zbik, Your answer is too short and irrelative!

Guru
on 3/7/15, 5:13 AM
Helal
On 2/21/15, 12:18 PM

I got what you want, and I'll try asking the same question in other words.
Suppose I'm one of the warehousemen (e.g for warehouse A), and want to move punch of products from warehouse A to warehouse B, and/or vise versa. And I want to validate the picking in/out my warehouse myself, i.e. the draft move should be in red color and when I validate it turn into normal black color.
On the other hand, the other warehouseman (for warehouse B) wants to do the same, but in his area.

What should we do?
Right?

answer updated, but @Helal = @Guru... hmmmm, no more answers!

zbik
on 2/21/15, 1:55 PM

Yes, Helal. Thanks for your declaration.

Guru
on 2/21/15, 4:09 PM

However, I was better for your reply to a comment.

Guru
on 2/21/15, 4:11 PM

However, it was better for your reply to a comment.

Guru
on 2/21/15, 4:11 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/20/15, 6:20 PM
Seen: 2736 times
Last updated: 3/17/15, 1:12 PM