Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to track product change/edit history?

By
Igor MF
on 6/12/14, 12:47 PM 1,195 views

When someone creates a new product, an entry is created saying "Product Created by Employee X on date DDMMYYYY".

After it's created, if another user edits that product's information, no new entries appear to be created saying like "Product Edited by Employee Y on DDMMYYYY: supplier XYZ added, list price changed to XXX, etc"

Is there a way I can track product information changes/edits? 

Thank you in advance!

@luis, thanks, that's indeed a great tool, will work for me. Just as a bonus, is there any configuration that would make that "logger" display on the chatter just like "product created" is?

Igor MF
on 6/15/14, 8:53 PM

You can install audit trail module and create rules to track changes on products.

Useful but I cannot log only read methods, It logs all of these.

Higor Vaz
on 8/19/16, 1:31 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/12/14, 12:47 PM
Seen: 1195 times
Last updated: 8/22/16, 4:01 AM