This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Most of our suppliers have integrated their delivery process by outsourcing the delivery to carriers companies.

As a result, when our orders are processed by the suppliers, we are notified by email:

• the supplier confirms that the order is processed and sends the corresponding invoice and custom information as 2 pdf attachments

• then their carrier confirms that they are processing the delivery and sends a link to their own system to allow us follow the status of such delivery

• How is it possible to automatically link these messages and attachments to our own initial/source information lying with our Purchase order?

Discard
Best Answer

This has something to do with companies outsourcing their
[workflow solutions ]( https://www.offshorebusinessprocessing.com/workflow-and-pave)
, since they don't have the resources to upgrade their logistics process alone. Since I just ventured into the international market, I am also considering outsourcing my entire process to logistics experts preferably with cargowise one.

Discard
Best Answer

Have you received an answer for this question or have you figured out the solution yourself? I have a distribution company and my manufacturers ship directly to my customers and I am looking for a way to streamline that tracking info and get it into Odoo and to my customers in a better way.

Discard
Author

Not one answer or comment or question so far.

Seems that You are the first one to understand the issue :)

I remember some post on this forum on drop-shipping solutions with Odoo; this may hemp you.

Cheers

Have you figured out anything on your own? I have figured out how to choose a drop shipping method and have PO's created automatically from choosing that option in my sales orders. If you want to discuss, I would love to chat. Email me at mike@innovateilluminate.com. Maybe we can figure it out together.