Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to test a module

Juan Antonio Gatón Prieto
on 12/20/13, 9:29 AM 957 views

i am trying to modify one OpenERP module, and when i make the changes in any file, for example text, and I start webclient, the change is not updated, but the file is modified. I thing this is because I need to restart openerp service, but i am using Windows. How can i do it?

if you make changes to python code in openerp, you need to restart the server for it to take effect. If you make changes to the xml then you need to reload the module for effect to occur. To restart server, what I do is start Task manager on window and select services. Locate openerp and click restart. that should do it. But you should know that it is not advised to change core modules, if you are going to do this I will advise you to install openerp on another machine so that when you mess a module up you can always core it from the second one.

on 12/20/13, 9:47 AM
On 12/20/13, 9:42 AM

I guess you have to restart openerp service in window or restart your system , So it will tack new changes applied by you.

for restart openerp service follow bellow steps

Menu Start --> tape Services --> search OpenERP Server --> Select line and click on Restart/Start/Stop's buttons above

thank you very much, its working fine!!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 12/20/13, 9:29 AM
Seen: 957 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM