Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to take Backup of complete server?

Sulaiman Ahmed
on 12/15/13, 6:50 AM 973 views

I have recently installed windows version of OpenERP and have installed around 50 additional modules. Now before i start working on it, i need to take backup of complete system (Installation + Installed Apps), how can i do it? Will a database backup be enough? Or does that only take backup of data but not the apps?

Also i have tried to take backup from one machine and restore it on other but even the restore is successful, there are many errors coming up when i am trying to access anything, why is that so?

I always backup de database with pg_dump and do a full backups of the files and addons used.

on 12/15/13, 5:17 PM
Grahame Jordan
On 12/15/13, 4:06 PM

A database backup only backs up the database. You will need to use a backup tool to backup the apps.

On 12/16/13, 1:51 AM

backup database as you needed, but...

Remember where you going to restore their same modules must need to be exist, with similar version of code.

Database of OpenERP run through the modules and all required modules must be their in system.

Prefer default functionality of this openerp tool for backup and restore.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 12/15/13, 6:50 AM
Seen: 973 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM