Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to take Auto Backup from one OpenERP Server to another (Syncronize database to another server) [Closed]

By
Anil R. Kesariya
on 9/11/13, 7:22 AM 2,423 views

The Question has been closed for reason: duplicate question

by
Anil R. Kesariya
on 01/07/2015 10:25:44

Hi All,

I want to take auto backup of OpenERP Database from one system to another.

I have two systems at the same place , in both system I have configured OpenERP 7 and in both system it works fine.

Server Details OpenERP : v7 postgres sql : 9.1.1 OS :ubuntu 12.04 Desktop verson are installed

Note : both servers on same data center

one system or server will be used on live and another one is storing daily backup of openerp database.

Any suggestion will be appreciated how would I fix this problem.

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 9/11/13, 3:55 PM

Anil,

You should use a scheduler and on that method call, use cursor well for the db name!

OR, using tools you should get port and you can backup the right db...isnt it?

Thanks.

Thank you.Nice suggestion i will work on it.

Anil R. Kesariya
on 9/12/13, 4:31 AM

@SerpentCS : I have done this , I have created generic module for it. I follow your steps. It works for me. Thank you.

Anil R. Kesariya
on 9/19/13, 8:45 AM

Hi Anil, I have same kind of requirement. Can you please tell me how you did this.

Yash
on 3/7/14, 6:29 AM

My requirements is to schedule backup my openerp database on the remote clould (to have a backup In case of server failure).

Yash
on 3/7/14, 6:31 AM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/11/13, 7:22 AM
Seen: 2423 times
Last updated: 4/15/15, 7:20 AM