This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I created my first invoice with Odoo (cloud at odoo.com). And I'm getting "Invoice SAJ/2014/0001". I have already created invoices before for this year so I would like to start with a higher number. How can I do that?

I had already created an invoice that I can't remove.

Odoo UI issue on the User page: the checkbox is disabled. Took me a phone call to find out I had to first click edit. This is highly confusing.

Odoo Forum UI issue: I can't comment on answers. Driving me mad, I'm just going to select some answers to reach enough karma to make this thing usable.

Discard

In the Menu Users --> Users screen select the "Administrator" record and Edit the records in the "Access Rights" Tab check the "Technical Features" check box. And refresh the page after than you can view Technical Menu.

Best Answer

Go to Settings -> Technical -> Sequences & identifiesr -> Sequences ...
look for sequence you want to modify.. 
In your case Account Default Sales Journal and
set Next number to value you want to be next invoice number.. 

Discard
Best Answer

Another way is to go to the menu Accounting > Configuration > Journals. Click Journals and select the corresponding sales journal. Click the Entry Sequence link (by default it's called Sales Journal). Click Edit and change the number in the Next Number field. Please note that the number you type there will be used for the new invoice.

In case you have validated invoices with a wrong number, I would suggest you to cancel the existing invoices. Rename that sales journal to something like OLD and create a new sales journal in which you set the correct numbering before validating a new invoice. Use the new sales journal for your invoices. Hope this helps.

Discard
Best Answer

Kasper, make sure you have the technical settings applied on your user! Go to Settings > Users and edit your user accordingly. Then do the steps above.

Discard