Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 9/25/14, 10:05 AM

I think this can best be achieved using recurring entries. There is an Odoo module for that in version 7, which I am not sure still exists in 8. This way you can define a period time (for example, half a year), a recurring pattern (for example, every month) and tell OpenERP what to do at that point. Most likely this will be creation of invoices or memorial journal entries.

This is indeed possible but only for a few bookings. If there are a huge number of these invoices it would be nice to have this automatically in the general ledger instead of a separate system like excel

hans joosten
on 9/25/14, 10:13 AM
Fekete Mihai
On 9/25/14, 5:38 PM

For revenues view PR 1855 - Revenue Recognition that extends the asset module for sales.

Els Van Vossel (evv)

--Els Van Vossel (evv)--
| 6 3 7
Belgium
--Els Van Vossel (evv)--

Author of some OpenERP / Odoo books

Els Van Vossel (evv)
On 9/25/14, 10:27 AM

Recurring entries is installed by default in Odoo V8. More information about recurring entries can be found in this post: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-can-i-split-the-costs-of-certain-invoices-over-several-periods-56045

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/25/14, 6:31 AM
Seen: 517 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM