This question has been flagged

Hello,

In order to speed up transactions (after sizing, workers and postgress checkups) I stumbled upon the load_views.
My understanding is that whenever the Odoo client switches to a new model a load_views is fired to receive the views and filter configurations for the model. After that fields and domains are available for the client to search_read the information. Browsing through e.g. tree results (i.e. pagination) only needs search_read communication, but whenever you change model, e.g. from sale_order to res.partner, you initiate a load_views request. 

Since load_views frequently cost 1.5 second I am wondering how their performance could be improved. Since they are rather static by nature (apart from filter favorites) I was wondering if they could be cached. A day later I discovered that the payload differs per request so the could not be easily cached by e.g. a website facing engine like Nginx or the like. 

The remaining questions I therefor have:
- How does one make load_views best performing in Odoo?
- Does Odoo have a way of caching them?
- The 10.0 release notes mention performance enhancements because of, a.o. view caching. Does that refer to the above mentioned load_views or something else?

Cheers,

Dave

Discard