Odoo Help

How to sort ids by date wise, which is resulted ids from search method?

By
vadivel
on 12/5/15, 1:54 AM 1,227 views

Hi Friends,

I am working odoo v 7.0.I have search by some condition from account_invoice table and filtered some records.I have got some ids of records.Now i have to order those ids by date_invoice field.How it will be resolved? . Please help me in this situation.Thanks in advance.

Axel Mendoza
On 12/5/15, 2:41 AM

Hi @vadivel

If you are calling search by yourself you could pass the order that you need like:

posted_depreciation_line_ids = depreciation_lin_obj.search(cr, uid, [('asset_id', '=', asset.id), ('move_check', '=', True)],order='depreciation_date desc')

I include the method doctring that parse and generate the order by based on the order argument of the search method:

def _generate_order_by(self, order_spec, query):
"""
Attempt to consruct an appropriate ORDER BY clause based on order_spec, which must be
a comma-separated list of valid field names, optionally followed by an ASC or DESC direction.

:raise" except_orm in case order_spec is malformed
"""

Thank you so much @Axel Mendoza..This query saves lots of time..

vadivel
on 12/5/15, 2:55 AM

Happy to help you, could you accept the answer too?

Axel Mendoza
on 12/5/15, 3:00 AM

Yes Axel..I did.Also one more help.Can we define sorting by more than one fields.Need to add one more field in order.Is it possible.?

vadivel
on 12/5/15, 3:38 AM

Yes, see the answer update for more. The accept on the question is the check mark bellow the upvote

Axel Mendoza
on 12/5/15, 3:48 AM

Did you see it?

Axel Mendoza
on 12/5/15, 7:02 PM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/5/15, 1:54 AM
Seen: 1227 times
Last updated: 4/20/16, 3:18 AM