Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to solve unnknow barcode issue in Odoo8 POS?

on 11/12/14, 3:24 AM 686 views

I have a valid barcode,  when I keep scanning it many times in POS odoo8, I get unknown barcode warning , sometime the warning screen shows incomplete barcode number or no barcode. How to solve this issue?

On 11/12/14, 12:02 PM

not sure if I understood - but if your problem is that from time to time same, existing bacrode is not recognized (it is recognized in most cases, only from time to time not), then I would say it is time to change barcode scanner; also what I know - but never seend this case in real - some scanners require quite high power provided via usb port, and usb not always is capable to do so; in such a cases scanner behaves in unexpected way; maybe if you could use usb hub with external power it would solve problem?

Thanks Tomasz, but when I scan the barcode to a txt file, the barcode number is complete without any missing number , this only happen when I use odoo in firefox/chrome. Could there be a bug in the program?

on 11/12/14, 4:51 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 11/12/14, 3:24 AM
Seen: 686 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM