Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to Solve this problem

By
mostafa
on 5/21/14, 5:50 PM 686 views

Hi all 

i need to know what is the error in this code 

%for product, lines in groupby(trip.order_lines, lambda l : l.product_id.name) :
      <% qt = int(sum([l.qty for l in lines])) %>

i try to get the sm of all product quantity , but i didn't get it i get product and thier quantity not gruoped 
what can i do 

Jos De Graeve
On 5/22/14, 8:26 AM

Hi,

Have you checked that your list trip.order_lines is sorted by product ?

The operation of groupby() is similar to the uniq filter in Unix. It generates a break or new group every time the value of the key function changes (which is why it is usually necessary to have sorted the data using the same key function). That behavior differs from SQL’s GROUP BY which aggregates common elements regardless of their input order.

Regards,

Jos

mostafa
On 5/25/14, 6:34 AM

@Jos De Graeve , tanks alot it worked fine with me 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/21/14, 5:50 PM
Seen: 686 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM