Odoo Help

How to solve Resolution Error

By
Merlin TecSol Pvt. Ltd.
on 4/1/13, 12:41 PM 2,449 views

When I run OpenERP Server I always see this error message in the terminal window:

/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Babel-0.9.6-py2.6.egg/babel/__init__.py:33: UserWarning: Module openerp was already imported from /home/merlin/openerp7/7.0/server/openerp/__init__.pyc, but /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-7.0-py2.6.egg is being added to sys.path from pkg_resources import get_distribution, ResolutionError

How to solve this problem?

I have tried updating all my OS as well as checked out the latest code of OpenERP. But to no avail. I am running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and OpenERP 7.0.

TIA

Maxime Chambreuil
On 4/1/13, 10:19 PM

OpenERP is installed twice :

1. /home/merlin/openerp7/7.0/server/
  2. /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-7.0-py2.6.egg

Remove the wrong one and you won't get the error message.

Ok that is right. But I am not able to delete the package here: /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-7.0-py2.6.egg. Will this error have any impact on OpenERP and its performance?

Merlin TecSol Pvt. Ltd., Merlin TecSol Pvt. Ltd.
on 4/2/13, 3:55 AM

sudo rm PACKANEM -Rf

Yogesh
on 8/12/13, 5:52 AM
Eric Mugo
On 11/26/14, 5:13 AM

I got a similar error while running openupgrade. I got past it by installing virtualenv and running the openupgrade script in its own isolated environment.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/1/13, 12:41 PM
Seen: 2449 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM