Odoo Help

How to solve AttributeError 'myField' in a simple module?

By
Matt
on 5/14/13, 4:33 PM 4,365 views

I have just made an addon that adds a field to the stock.picking.out form.

Here is my code :

from osv import fields,osv
class stock_picking_out2(osv.osv):
    _name = "stock.picking.out"
    _inherit = "stock.picking.out"

_columns = {
        'statut_id2': fields.many2one('sale.statut', 'Statut', required=True),
    }   
stock_picking_out2()

<record id="view_livraison_move_picking2_form" model="ir.ui.view">
   <field name="name">stock.picking.out.form.inherit</field>
   <field name="model">stock.picking.out</field>
   <field eval="1" name="priority"/>
   <field name="inherit_id" ref="stock.view_picking_out_form" />
   <field name="arch" type="xml">                
       <field name="stock_journal_id" position="replace" >
          <field name="statut_id2"/>
       </field>
   </field>
</record>

Everything works perfectly on my local server, but when I install the addon on a remote server I have different errors :

• I can't edit the field with the form : when I edit, the changes are not saved.

• I got this error when I try to edit a field in another form like "SALE ORDER" form :

Client Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/openerp7/web/7.0/addons/web/http.py", line 204, in dispatch response["result"] = method(self, *self.params) File "/home/openerp7/web/7.0/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 1129, in call_kw return self._call_kw(req, model, method, args, kwargs) File "/home/openerp7/web/7.0/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 1121, in _call_kw return getattr(req.session.model(model), method)(args, **kwargs) File "/home/openerp7/web/7.0/addons/web/session.py", line 43, in proxy result = self.proxy.execute_kw(self.session._db, self.session._uid, self.session._password, self.model, method, args, kw) File "/home/openerp7/web/7.0/addons/web/session.py", line 31, in proxy_method result = self.session.send(self.service_name, method, *args) File "/home/openerp7/web/7.0/addons/web/session.py", line 104, in send raise xmlrpclib.Fault(openerp.tools.ustr(e), formatted_info)

Server Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/openerp7/web/7.0/addons/web/session.py", line 90, in send return openerp.netsvc.dispatch_rpc(service_name, method, args) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-7.0-py2.6.egg/openerp/netsvc.py", line 289, in dispatch_rpc result = ExportService.getService(service_name).dispatch(method, params) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-7.0-py2.6.egg/openerp/service/web_services.py", line 614, in dispatch res = fn(db, uid, params) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-7.0-py2.6.egg/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 169, in execute_kw return self.execute(db, uid, obj, method, *args, *kw or {}) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-7.0-py2.6.egg/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 123, in wrapper return f(self, dbname, args, *kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-7.0-py2.6.egg/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 179, in execute res = self.execute_cr(cr, uid, obj, method, args, *kw) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-7.0-py2.6.egg/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 166, in execute_cr return getattr(object, method)(cr, uid, args, *kw) File "/home/openerp7/addons/7.0/sale_stock/sale_stock.py", line 67, in write return super(sale_order, self).write(cr, uid, ids, vals, context=context) File "/home/openerp7/addons/7.0/nan_product_pack/pack.py", line 115, in write result = super(sale_order,self).write(cr, uid, ids, vals, context) File "/home/openerp7/addons/7.0/mail/mail_thread.py", line 264, in write result = super(mail_thread, self).write(cr, uid, ids, values, context=context) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-7.0-py2.6.egg/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 4272, in write self.pool.get(object)._store_set_values(cr, user, todo, fields_to_recompute, context) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-7.0-py2.6.egg/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 4629, in _store_set_values result = self._columns[f].get(cr, self, ids, f, SUPERUSER_ID, context=context) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-7.0-py2.6.egg/openerp/osv/fields.py", line 1131, in get result = self._fnct(obj, cr, uid, ids, name, self._arg, context) File "/home/openerp7/addons/7.0/sale_order_dates/sale_order_dates.py", line 36, in _get_effective_date dates_list.append(pick.date) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openerp-7.0-py2.6.egg/openerp/osv/orm.py", line 486, in __getattr__ raise AttributeError(e) AttributeError: 'statut_id2'

(The error occurs for any types of fields, I tried to replace by Integer, char, etc... So I don't think that I comes from the relational field !)

I have also tried to change stock.picking.out by stock.picking in the inheritance and it worked, but I can't modify the field I want in the XML code...

The module is very simple but I can't see where my error come from... Do you have any idea to solve it?

Were you able to fix this problem Matt? I am struggling with this one as well.

JG
on 12/1/13, 9:34 AM
Anas Taji
On 5/14/13, 8:18 PM

Try the following:

1. append openerp. befre osv like this from openerp.osv import fields,osv
  2. remove this line _name = "stock.picking.out"
  3. in your many2one field, change the object from 'sale.statut' to 'stock.picking.out'
  4. restart openERP server & reinstall your module

Note: Your XML code should be surrounded with two tags <openerp><data>YOUR XML CODE</data></openerp>, just to remind you.. :)

Replay if you need more help..%

Thanks for you answer, but it didn't solve the problem. I have done parts 1, 2 and 4. I don't understand why you're telling me to change the object in part 3, I need to insert a field of type 'sale.statut' in the stock.picking.out form, so I think I'm doing it in the good way. Is it that you didn't understand what I wanted to do or am I doing it wrong?

(And I already had the <openerp><data> tags, I just didn't want to put the useless parts of the code in my question.)

Matt
on 5/15/13, 11:14 AM

Hmm, So i believe that you have defined this object somewhere in your module, something like _name = 'sale.statut'? (because, i cant see it in your posted code)

Smart Way Business Solutions, Anas Taji
on 5/15/13, 12:49 PM

Yes it is defined in another module, and the problem doesn't come from that module because I used the same kind of field in another object without any problem... I got the same problem if I replace 'statut_id2': fields.many2one('sale.statut', 'Statut', required=True), by 'test': fields.integer('Test'),

Matt
on 5/15/13, 3:01 PM
Lithin T
On 7/27/13, 2:46 AM

u can create the same field in "stock.picking" and "stock.picking.out", then u can inherit the form/tree view stock.picking.out and then you will be able to add the fields in this.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/14/13, 4:33 PM
Seen: 4365 times
Last updated: 5/25/15, 2:30 PM