This question has been flagged
1 Reply

By default the PDF invoices generated show the 'Tax Code' - 'Tax Name' in the tax detail area (in the Tax, Base, Amount table.

Tax                                  Base         Amount
---------------------------------------------------------
VAT-OUT-21-S - VAT 21% - Services    75.00 €      15.75 €

What modification is required to only show the 'Tax Name' field in under the Tax column of the tax detail table.

For example, for Belgium chart of account, the tax name shown is: VAT-OUT-21-S - VAT 21% - Services where 'VAT-OUT-21-S' is the tax code and 'VAT 21% - Services' is the tax name.

How can I get rid of 'VAT-OUT-21-S - ' to only show 'VAT 21% - Services' ?

Discard

In Menu Customer Invoice --> Print --> Invoices Default Invoices Report its shows Tax Name only. In the "account_print_invoice.rml" code using [[ repeatIn(o.tax_line,'t') ]] [[ t.name ]] to display name in report. In your case where do you print the reports?

Author

Which version are your running? I'm running Version 7.0-20140129-002604 which was installed without any modification. I tired with different charts of account and always have the same issue whether I create a customer invoice from Accounting -> Customer Invoice -> Create button or from Sales -> Sales Orders -> select a SO# with Status Sale to Invoice -> Create Invoice. Yes I see [[ repeatIn(o.tax_line,'t') ]] [[ t.name ]] in "account_print_invoice.rml" but the tax code is printed on the customer invoice despite the [[ t.name ]] is written on the rml file.

Best Answer

Invoice Reports Tax detail 'Tax code - Tax Name' it is default functionality in Openerp 7.

In reports output shows from the account_invoice_tax table column name value default save with 'Tax code - Tax Name'

Default Code account/report/ account_print_invoice.rml

[[ repeatIn(o.tax_line,'t') ]]
[[ t.name ]]

Based on the requirement the rml file below changes working:

[[ repeatIn(o.tax_line,'t') ]]
[[ ', '.join([ lt.name or '' for lt in l.invoice_line_tax_id ]) ]]   # the same  code used  in invoice line tax name
Discard
Author

Thanks for this answer but It's not the proper way to print the tax name only on Customer Invoices. In some countries there are more than one applicable tax. For example, in Canada the federal tax (GST) is calculated first and then the provincial tax is added (PST for some provinces or QST for Quebec). With the proposed modification, the description of each tax is lost and instead it shows the Taxes information on each line (ie 'GST + QST for sales' is printed twice instead of having 'GST - GST for sales - 5% (QC)' on the 1st line and 'QST - QST for sales - 9.975%' on the second line.