This question has been flagged

So far this is what I have done:

1) Installed the module: Settings->Modules, search webkit, install report_webkit

2) Add Webkit Logo: Settings->Technical->Webkit Logos
Create and add custom png logo

3) Alter Webkit Headers/Footers: Settings->Technical->Webkit Headers/Footers 
Change to Letter Format

4) Edit Company Data: Settings->Company Logo
Webkit tab: Add logo, Add Headers: select Base Sample

5) Change Invoice to webkit: Settings->Technical->Actions->Reports, Search for Invoices
Edit
Enter "webkit" into Report Type field (originally pdf)
Deselect "Add RML Header"
Select Webkit Tab (appears after Report Type is changed)
Set Webkit Header to: Base Sample

[After my first few rounds with the the print issue I also coppied the demo Mako webkit example into the "Webkit Template (used if Report File is not found)" field, and I also enabled webkit debug]

Going to invoice and hitting print now throws up:

OpenERP Client Error

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input

Setting the invoice report back to pdf returns functionality.

Now, I do not know if the problem is whether wkhtmltopdf is missconfigured on the SaaS server, its PATH is not set on the host, or if I am doing something else wrong. Would really appreciate any input or ideas on solving this as custom output is needed and the SaaS documents do not seem to exist for webkit. 

Discard
Author

Does anyone know if this is going to be addressed/fixed in Version7.SaaS3 or do we need to wait for the Online Odoo to change to Version8.SaaS?

Best Answer

Nigel,

I got the same failed result as yourself when running saas5 on odoo's servers (you can get this by going to odoo.com/start/v8) - except when selecting the report format type it stated webkit(deprecated). This agrees with what one of the odoo staff told me yesterday that they are focussing their efforts on qweb reports (i.e. like their quotation roller and main website). I spent a long time trying to get the openoffice plugin to talk to odoo saas online and didn't manage to get it working - it looks like we need v8 to be released and some clearer explanations of how to customise invoices/quotations etc before this is going to be as straightforward as it really needs to be.

Kurt

Discard
Best Answer

Being part of the Enterprise offering, I had kind of expected some type response as to why this is not functioning as expected ... This is the current Version 7.SaaS~3, and there is lots of information about the local installs of Version 7, but not all the backend stuff is accessible in the SaaS so it can not be verified if it is setup or not or what configurations are specific to SaaS. Still looking for help or ideas.

Discard