Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to setup two warehouses with one shop in openerp?

on 6/12/13, 7:25 PM 3,049 views

I am trying to setup two warehouses for a company. User wants to be notified if they have enough products or not in stock before making a quotation. How will it deduct items once deliver? Can this be mentions when delivering the product to reduce the amount from warehouse A?

More Information: I did find one way to do so by creating multiple location for same warehouse. But it would be even great if we can setup two warehouses with one shop.

what's your version of OpenERP ?

Clément THOMAS
on 6/13/13, 5:45 AM

I am using Version 7.

on 6/13/13, 5:55 AM

--Borni DHIFI--
| 6 8 9
Tunis, Tunisia
--Borni DHIFI--

Techno Functional Consultant Odoo(OpenERP) 

On 6/13/13, 7:37 PM

you can use a virtual warehouse.

virtual warehouse VH parent of the stock locations of the other warehouses VH1 ,VH2.

and associed your shop in WH.

see answer Fabien Pinckaers How can I setup one shop and multiple warehouses?

Clément THOMAS
On 6/13/13, 5:54 AM

For configuration, you muse add 2 warehouses with 2 different locations. You can also configure 2 shops to manage warehouses from sale orders.

When you validate a delivery order, stock is automatically calculated from this movement (value of stock is only a calculation).

When you do a sale_order, you're notified only by procurement type chosen (from stock or by order). You can do external development to easily inform for example the stock of the other warehouse if there is no stock for selected warehouse for the product.

Good luck.

Thank you for your advise. But the user wants to use just one shop with two warehouse. Can you please advise on that? If possible, can you please give me step by step instructions as I am new to OpenERP. I just installed it for the first time few days ago. Thank you in advance

on 6/13/13, 5:59 AM

why do you want to configure only one shop ? I don't know any other solution to choose warehouse when validating sale order. (I don't know all features of v7)

Clément THOMAS
on 6/13/13, 9:47 AM

This is how user's actual structure is and wouldn't it be easier to operate one shop rather than operating two shops? I did found one solution about this, I have created two locations instead of two warehouses. Which allows me to do so. But I would really like a solutions where I can setup two warehouses with one shop. Thanks for your help.

on 6/13/13, 6:58 PM

@Rinku did you ever get this to happen? Many people want this solution but OpenERP and especially now that they're Odoo think they have all the answers and best cases for every type of business. When you doubt that, they aren't ever around to discuss and offer any really solutions.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 7/11/14, 3:05 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 6/12/13, 7:25 PM
Seen: 3049 times
Last updated: 8/12/16, 3:15 AM