Odoo Help

How to setup multi branch company in OpenERP 7.0

By
Ramakrishna
on 6/21/14, 3:03 PM 2,854 views

I am trying to set up a service company with multiple branches [3] in OpenERP 7.0. The nature of business is same at all the branches, though a branch has only some departments. I was advised to use multi company module, but I am not convinced about using multiple companies (instead of branches) and different chart of accounts of each one of them. I am looking at having 1 chart of accounts, that is available at all branches, though some minor heads may be zero for them.

The BS and P&L of the company should reflect the summation of all the braches. Please advise.

Thanks

you are using the 2 terms ("multi company" & "multi branch") in your post. seems you mean the exact same thing by it, right? I think there is no "multi branch" module. When working with "multi companies" I think there is an option to use the same chart of accounts for a child company as the parent company.

gunnar
on 6/22/14, 12:11 AM

Thanks gunnar, I will check the option of using parent's CoA in child company. Multi branch is what my client is comfortable terming it and seems multi-company is what openERP calls it.

Ramakrishna
on 6/22/14, 3:08 PM

Thanks Sudheendra Walvekar, I will check configuring each branch as a shop. I need to see the feasibility of creating user roles specific to shops, so that User from Shop A will not access accounts/inventory from shop B. Will let you know how it goes..

Ramakrishna
on 6/22/14, 3:15 PM
Sudheendra Walvekar
On 6/22/14, 12:01 AM

You may want to use Sales->Configuration->Shops. Shops can be selected in quotations and in Sale orders.Hope this would give some hint.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/21/14, 3:03 PM
Seen: 2854 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM