Odoo Help

How to setup more than one variant?

By
Fayçal Derouiche
on 7/29/14, 2:45 PM 861 views

Hi all,

When I create a product with a variant, I don't get the product variants generated with the differents variant values I have entered.

Example : I create product 1 with variant color = blue and color = red, when I save I get the product created correctly  but only one product variant without any attribute value. 

I'm on V8 rc1, could you help me with that ? Did I miss something ?

Fayçal

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 9
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 7/29/14, 6:17 PM

You need to have 1 attribute and 2 attribute values. This means that you should have only 1 line in the variants tab of your product. If you do this, you will see "2 variants" in the top-right shortcut. It should show like this:
Color:   Blue Red

I believe you made the mistake of creating 2 lines, which is incorrect for your scenario and that you created the following:
Color:   Blue
Color:   Red

Having 2 lines with the same attribute makes sense in scenarios that deal with compatibility, but not in a scenario with something like a color.

Fayçal Derouiche
On 7/31/14, 5:27 AM

Problem is solved. In fact, we can't create 2 lines of the same variant. If we do so, the product variants are not generated.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/29/14, 2:45 PM
Seen: 861 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM